SUMMARY: This position will oversee and manage one location of the in-mall, non-sales showroom for the Kia Stinger Pop-Up salon program. The Salon Manager reports to the District Program Manager for the project and is supports recruiting, training and quality assurance of salon operations and employees, shift management, performance management, daily salon activity reporting, technology content updates, uniform management and ensuring an overall stellar customer experience. The Salon Manager works full-time from the salon location on a shift schedule approved and confirmed by the District Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support recruiting, hiring, training and manage pop-up salon Product Specialists
- Ensure salon operations are consistent to national expectations, standards and across the country
- Set shift schedules for Stinger Salon Product Specialists and Asst. Manager
- Manage all labor schedules to ensure shift compliance
- Ensure Product Specialists and Asst. Manager are fully trained and providing an optimal customer experience with every consumer interaction
- Manage effective end-of-day closing procedures including upload and reporting of customer data through iPads and lead capture applications, labor hours and other information as requested and required
- At least twice weekly, manage the uniform laundry with drop-off, pick-up and payment of dry-cleaning
- Process any and all expenses for salon operations in compliance with DriveShop policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the Stinger Salon program team to develop, document and implement best practices to effectively promote the Kia Stinger to customers through the salon experience
- Conduct regular team communications to make sure all salon staff can effectively speak to current, in-market specials, deals, rates, etc. for the Kia Stinger in each market
- Evaluate salon traffic patterns, registrant, hand-raiser, lead and NPS scores of customers to inform and adjust salon operations to maximize performance of the program for KiaAbility to cover for staff if/when there is a shift emergency and another staff member cannot be confirmed to be onsite at the salon location
- Works with DriveShop account services team to create, implement and support new services solutions, including possible test drive activities from Stinger Salon locations
This position has supervisory responsibilities including managing an Asst. Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred.
- Experience in retail management a definite plus.
- Work experience within the automotive industry, especially presenting new vehicles to prospective buyers and car shoppers is highly preferred.
- A proven leader, committed to providing support and service to those they have the responsibility to manage.
- Must be out-going, persistent, resourceful, detail and goal oriented with demonstrated capacity for organizing and managing projects.
- Highly organized and willing to take leadership responsibilities regardless of situation.
- Willingness and desire for variety in the daily work ranging from routine administrative tasks, project management, relationship development, recruiting, business development, etc.
- A high proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc., is required.
- Possesses the ability to work extended hours and weekends as required.
A high proficiency with computer usage, data management and Microsoft Office Software, as well as comfort with new computer applications and programs.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands and arms to type, keyboard, and reach; sit; and talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus to produce or review reports, and respond to documents in hard copy or electronic form.
This position may work remotely, either from a home office, remote DriveShop office or possibly located in DriveShop’s agency HQ depending on the regional locations included in the District Program Manager territory.