This position will lead program and project development, using DriveShop’s resources to identify solutions and services that support our automotive client’s PR department and brand. In addition, this position is responsible for all aspects of public relations and press fleet management, vehicle ordering, scheduling and coordination. The position will support the logistics associated with the planning and operation of vehicle launch events engaging media and influencers. This position will also serve as the key liaison between all DriveShop offices/departments and our client’s constituencies and stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with stakeholders to determine program and campaign needs, communicate those needs to DriveShop teams and lead the delivery of services and solutions to client.
- Manages both national and regional budgets for press fleet and all responsibilities associated with advanced ordering of press fleet vehicles to ensure necessary vehicle inventory to meet PR program objectives.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of client fleet(s) including planning fleet size by model, building vehicle specs, ordering and servicing vehicles, sourcing parts and accessories.
- Manages all vehicle logistics for the public relations team as well as cultivating relationships with all client vehicle sourcing teams/departments.
- Manages vehicle-related needs for Public Relations events (PR reveals, auto shows, etc.), including transportation, logistics and ride-and-drive development.
- Implements and supports new PR strategies such as Lifestyle/Social Media.
- Supports all DriveShop fleet offices for the client account, including implementing and managing all training materials for regional managers, drivers and event staff; and creating fleet policies focused on efficiency.
- Serves as the primary liaison with DriveShop’s offices for all PR vehicle-related matters such as vehicle maintenance, service bulletins, software updates or recall campaigns.
- Manages the billing and invoicing required for all vehicle related costs.
- Provides ongoing support to the Public Relations team in other capacities as requested.
- Works with DriveShop account services team to create, implement and support new services solutions
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university with an emphasis in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred.
- Experience in account management with emphasis in marketing services, press fleet management, media or operations required.
- Work experience within the automotive industry is highly preferred.
- Must be out-going, persistent, resourceful, detail and goal oriented with demonstrated capacity for organizing and managing projects.
- Highly organized and willing to take leadership responsibilities regardless of situation.
- Able to conceptualize potential programs with clients, while comprehending the various logistical and pricing parameters required to produce the program.
- Willingness and desire for variety in the daily work ranging from routine administrative tasks, project management, relationship development, client/media relations, business development, etc.
- Must possess strong oral, presentation and written communication skills and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- A high proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc., is required.
- Possesses the ability to work extended hours and weekends as required.
A high proficiency with computer usage, data management and Microsoft Office Software, as well as comfort with new computer applications and programs.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands and arms to type, keyboard, and reach; sit; and talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus to produce or review reports, and respond to documents in hard copy or electronic form. This position requires 30 – 50% domestic travel which will include overnight trips.
Work location will include client offices located in Rockleigh, New Jersey and DriveShop offices located in West Nyack, New York, candidates will split time between office locations based on work schedules and deliverables. Must be able to successfully commute to both locations in support of normal working hours 8:00 am until 5:00 pm daily.