DriveShop is an engagement-marketing agency working exclusively in the automotive industry to produce public relations, social influence and experiential marketing campaigns that inspire people to fall in love with their next new car. We are a national agency with offices throughout the U.S. supporting most major automakers. Each year we coordinate and publish thousands of individual test drive reviews with billions of impressions, activate thousands of consumer event days with tens of thousands of consumer test drives and direct conversations to over a million prospective new car buyers on behalf of our automaker clients. Last year we were recognized as one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. magazine and honored as one of the top 100 experiential agencies by Event Marketer.
As an Account Manager on our Experience Six team, you will have direct responsibility for developing, planning and managing the execution and performance management of event sponsorship and experiential marketing activities throughout key markets in the Northeast for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, Fiat and Alfa Romeo brand vehicles.
This Account Manager position is based inside the FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) regional office in Tappan, NY. The Account Manager works collaboratively with the Group Account Director to develop a regional experiential marketing plan, which aligns with the goals and objectives of the FCA regional marketing team. The Account Manager’s primary responsibilities are to research and evaluate regional event opportunities; negotiate sponsorships; develop creative and production briefs which define strategy, budget, operations, staffing and creative; present recommendations to the regional FCA marketing leadership for approval and budget allocations, and provide strategic direction and tactical insights for DriveShop event operations teams to product, execute and report on the operations of the events.
The Account Manager will also be well-versed and comfortable in consultative sales; presenting and gaining client approval for new experiential marketing recommendations which increase awareness, engagement and market share within the region. The Account Manager is responsible for a strong aptitude in managing annual multi-million dollar budgets, and leverages your experience to define budget allocation for each regional experiential event and sponsor partnership.
The region covers New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New England.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a liaison between agency and regional customer.
- Plan and execute on an annual experiential strategy that aligns with the goals and objectives of the FCA regional client group; targets key consumer audiences and provides focus on both vehicles and markets.
- Research and identify regional experiential marketing opportunities (including event and brand partnerships), conduct valuations, create budgets, and consultatively present strategic recommendations.
- Coordinate with FCA and internal departments to supervise reconciliation of production financials
- Work cross-functionally with regional support team and agency departments to manage client and agency deliverables and ensure deadlines are being met.
- Proficient in time management and multitasking and ensure strong attention to detail.
- Periodically perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, however does oversee the production and work collaboratively with a regional support team consisting of an account coordinator, regional operations director and field staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university plus five to seven years’ related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Automotive marketing with experiential emphasis. Luxury automotive brand experiential marketing preferred
- Understanding of digital space related to automotive, with emphasis in social and influencer media
- Ability to work independently, while located in client office
- Fun, vibrant and enthusiastic attitude!
- Computer Skills: Proficient with computer usage, and Microsoft Office Software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands and arms to type, keyboard, and reach; sit; and talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus to produce or review reports, and respond to documents in hard copy or electronic form.
Approximately 30% of the work time is spent traveling for events.
For this position, we offer competitive base salary along with both an individual and team performance bonus.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org